Dr Maria Theologides
Fully Biological Accredited Member
Field of Practice
h.u.m.a.n & Sacret parenting
Business Phone Number
Business Cell Number
http://sacred-parenting.co.za , http://wearehuman.co.za
49 victoria rd, camps bay – cape town
Medical Treatments & Tools
Dental Treatments & Tools
BSc HON – Paediatrics (Stellenbosch)
PDD – Paediatrics (Stellenbosch)
MSc – Paediatrics (Stellenbosch)
Heal Your Life Practitioner (Hays Institute, SA)
Touch for Health Practitioner (Institute of Kinesiology, Sweden)
First Line Therapy
Functional Medicine (Institute of Functional Medicine, USA)
She is the only practising Paediatric Specialist in the Western Cape and also runs a Functional Integrative Medicine Practice and is a Life and Health Coach.
She is also:
- the co-founder of h.u.m.a.n. http://wearehuman.co.za/who-we-are/
- the founder of Sacred Parenting http://sacred-parenting.co.za/
After graduation from the University of the Witwatersrand in 1994, Dr Theologides gained experience in Johannesburg before relocating to Cape Town at the end of 1995. In 1996 she was offered a lecturing post at the University of Stellenbosch while specialising in Paediatrics, a 4 year degree, completed in 3 years. She has a Masters in Anaesthetics and sedation in Children. She is the only practicing specialised Paediatric dentist in the Western Cape. She joined Camps Bay Dental Studio, where she has been exclusively since 2001.
In 2011 she became a certified Heal Your Life Practitioner (Hays Institute, USA). She is also a certified Touch for Health Practitioner and incorporates Kinesiology in her practice for maximum life changes and health. This was followed by training in First Line Therapy; and Functional Medicine – which she runs as a separate practice but also integrates this approach into her interactions with her patients for a holistic methodology to healing and health. She has assisted many patients suffering from depression, anxieties, addictions, acute and chronic health conditions to attain physical, mental, emotional and spiritual balance both within their bodies and lives – freeing them to finally materialise their dreams.
She had an Inspiration column and then a Philosophy column in the Chronicle newspaper and then in the Bay Magazine from 2001-2015.
Having studied both within the dental and medical fields she recognised a big chasm between not only these two disciplines but also within the specialities of western medicine. Her dream has been to move away from the fragmented approach of modern western medicine and to return to a holistic approach where specialists who have mastered their fields are brought together to work as a team for the patient’s wellbeing. This was the basis for the establishment of h.u.m.a.n. – her goal: to change the face of Western medicine and dentistry and so to re-inspire an ethos of caring and hope.
What makes what I do unique?
My life purpose and focus of my patient’s success lies in my passion to make a difference; my intuitive ability to truly hear my patients and my fully integrated mind, body, spirit -scientific-based health approach to treatment.
It is not one aspect that has brought about a dis-ease but the imbalance and/or neglect of one of more of these. Together, we embark on a journey of self-discovery.
Looking “upstream” we can consider the complex web of interactions in the patient’s history. (From within the womb to the present). We review physiology, lifestyle choices, sabotaging behaviours so patients can take responsibility for their health and life.
My patients abandon their depressive states, discard limiting beliefs and discover a deep sense of joy and purpose. We harness the power of the mind and mindfulness, explore the role of thought and incorporate gratitude and reverence to achieve this. Together we design the blue prints of the health and life they yearn for.
When we feel heard, understood and supported, the mind releases chemicals that stimulates the body to heal. We are able to make the changes that will manifest into physical and mental well being and the life we dream of.
My combined medical background, training in Functional Medicine, training as a HAYS Practitioner (Heal Your Life, Heal Your Body), and Kinesiology allow me to truly offer a holistic approach to my patients.
When the mind, body and spirit are truly aligned and in harmony, then the gates of the soul are opened, abundance flows in and the result can only be joy, peace and happiness – this is my mission, my passion and my divine destiny.
I will very briefly try to summarise what I do with my patients:
• As a Heal your Life Practitioner I help my clients see how every ailment/addiction/symptom they manifest, stems from some emotional state and we then work on the emotions to alleviate the symptoms. The Power of the Mind – Your health is a mirror of the relationship to yourself and your body. We don’t believe in incurable dis-eases; we believe that illness is an invitation to change your relationship with yourself for the better. In order to heal ourselves, it is essential to become aware of the beliefs that contribute to an unhealthy physical condition. Just as we cultivate our gardens, so can we cultivate our minds and bodies to produce healthy, enriched living. Our beliefs about our bodies and our lives are just thoughts, and thoughts can be changed. Using mindfulness and replacing destructive negative thoughts with positive empowering thoughts, stimulates the blue prints of the health we want and the life we dream of living. Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion becomes our reality.
- As a Functional Medicine Practitioner, I guide my clients with regard to lifestyle choices which contribute to the emotional and physical states within their minds and bodies. We look at diet, exercise, hormones, supplements … and living a life full of zest and excellent health and vitality. Functional / Integrative medicine is a science-based comprehensive, holistic approach to health. It focuses less on disease states and symptom control, but aims to understand why the dysfunction has established itself in the body in the first place. The unique genetic makeup of each patient is considered, along with both internal (mind, body, and spirit) and external (physical and social environment) factors that affect total functioning. Functional medicine integrates traditional Western medical practices with what is sometimes considered “alternative” or “integrative” medicine. It creates a focus on prevention and healing through therapeutic nutrition, exercise; targeted supplements, detoxification programs and stress-management techniques.
- Using kinesiology we address many of the emotional and physical behaviours and through age regression we piece together the puzzle of why we do the things we do, the habits we have and the way we react to life and others and the way we treat ourselves. And then we establish new/better neurological options to deal with life and help create transformation. “Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakens” ― Carl Jung. Human beings are self-regulating and programmed to heal themselves. Sometimes “blockages” occur in these adaptive, cybernetic loops and Kinesiology is invaluable as a verification tool. Kinesiology uses gentle muscle-monitoring techniques to access the subconscious mind and gain accurate information about your current issues and what is needed to help your body, mind and spirit to restore balance. When you’re in a balanced state it is far easier to access your own wisdom so you can make decisions from a place of clarity. Kinesiology taps into the body to shift the root cause of the imbalance. Since emotions are held in the body, Kinesiology is a powerful modality to experience for yourself.I hope this gives you some idea of what I do. All I ask is that you come with an open mind and a desire and belief that transformation, health and happiness are a tangible reality.
If you are interested, please call my P.A. on 021-438 1710 to book an appointment.